SMS provides an additional marketing channel to complement Eloqua email. SMS is very immediate and highly effective. It is a great enhancement to Eloqua, providing additional scope for marketers to manually or automatically send messages via Campaign Canvas or Program Builder.
The connector can be as simple as providing one way outbound reminders or you can link to Eloqua Custom Data objects to record all outbound and inbound traffic with two-way SMS. Inbound responses can also be added to contact records.
- Adds another marketing channel in Eloqua
- Easy to set up and use
- True global delivery platform with compliant international opt-out management
- Use directly on Campaign Canvas or in Program Builder
- Two-way messaging to capture responses onto Custom Data Objects and Contact records
- Delivery reporting in Eloqua to see who got the messages
Why choose the MD SMS Connector?
- Our connector is hosted on Microsoft Azure servers in Sydney Australia and uses the new Eloqua Cloud Actions platform.
- All connections between Eloqua, the Marketing Decisions SMS connector, the Dialogue servers and the mobile carriers are via industry standard secure encrypted connections.
- Our message provider is Dialogue Communications. They are the largest SMS aggregator in Australia. This tier one aggregator has direct connections to every carrier SMSC in Australia with local support and escalation paths with each carrier. Dialogue servers are located in Manchester in the UK in a data centre managed by TelecityGroup. UK privacy laws are equivalent to those in Australia which means that from an Australian regulatory perspective, the data is treated as though it is all onshore and end use message recipients do not need to be informed of traffic offshoring via the UK.
- Why is having a direct connection to carriers important ? The alternative to this is to pass messages via third parties. This means that you lose end to end delivery accountability, diagnostics becomes fruitless and you will likely face mobile number portability and routing issues. Accuracy of delivery receipts can only be guaranteed via direct carrier connectivity. This means that a percentage of your messages will not be delivered when they should and there is little that you can do about that.
- Dialogue Communications is accredited to ISO27001 for data security and they are audited annually to ensure ongoing compliance to this standard.
- Our relationship with Dialogue Communications ensures that we maintain direct connectivity with local support and service quality with every carrier SMSC in each of the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Philippines, Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom. More countries are being added as Dialogue expands their tier one footprint. Beyond these countries, message delivery is extended globally via a third party, the Telefonica Group.
$US 249 per month for a maximum of 200 text messages per month. Includes 200 text messages per month.
$US 449 per month for a maximum of 1000 text messages per month. Includes 1000 text messages per month.
$US 595 per month for the use of the connector. No included text messages. For >10,000 text messages per month. Account to be established directly with Dialogue Communications http://www.dialogue.net/contact-us for SMS messages. Contact Marketing Decisions for an account to access the connector.
The Small Print
- All plans include monthly connector usage fee.
- Connector is hosted in Sydney, Australia.
- SMS Server is located in the United Kingdom.
- Monthly inclusive SMS allowance resets at the beginning of each month and any unused allowance will not be available to roll into the next month.
- Plans which include a monthly SMS send allowance are based on a maximum of US$0.15 per message. Marketing Decisions reserves the right to invoice for messages billed by carriers at rates higher than this for the incremental costs.
- Accounts can be upgraded at any time.
- When compiling messages in the connector, the connector will display number of messages needed to compile the requested messsge. Note that multiple messages for billing purposes may be used for a single message compilation in the connector depending on how many characters are used.
- End recipients of SMS messages pay for sending any response messages.
- Connector will prevent exceeding monthly SMS allowance by checking requested quantity to send before actioning. If allowance would be exceeded by actioning then connector will fail calls and signal to Eloqua to continue to process through automation.
- Minimum term is three (3) months and invoicing is quarterly in advance.
Dialogue Communications terms for use of the SMS Gateway and carriage of SMS messages as detailed below must be complied with in full and agreement to use of the connector includes agreement to the Dialogue Communications Terms as well. Marketing Decisions reserves the right to block connector access to any customer failing to comply with these terms.
Dialogue Communications Terms for use of SMS GatewayClick here to view full T&Cs
- This is a Dialogue Product, “the service” owned by Dialogue Communications Limited, UK Registered Company number 3042634 (Dialogue). Dialogue licences you to use “the service” for the approved, peaceful, legal and ethical purposes only.
- Not applicable
- The Dialogue Service is used by the Client to link into Networks worldwide, and the Client hereby irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of all pertinent Regulatory Bodies and agrees to comply in all respects with all Legislation and Codes of Practice in each territory and with the standards of practice set forth by the Mobile Marketing Association. Dialogue will provide reasonable support to aid in compliant use of the service, where requested. Such support will not involve interpretation of legislation or Codes of Practice. Dialogue accepts no liability for any regulatory or legal advice or guidance provided.
- Where messages are of a commercial nature, then you must ensure that you, your customers and / or subcontractors have: a) obtained the requisite consent from the recipients of the messages you send and; b) identified yourself and the service and; c) provided a means whereby recipients can opt-out from receiving further messages.
- The Client shall ensure that all Message Services it provides in conjunction with or using the Dialogue Services shall not include as part of those Message Services: a) anything that violates the rights of a third party including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright or patent; b) material that could reasonably be interpreted as offensive, inappropriate, obscene, defamatory or libellous; or c) anything that is likely in the light of generally prevailing standards of decency and propriety to cause offence to its recipient; or d) which otherwise breach any Legislation or prevailing laws of the country in which it is received. e) any (a) viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that might disrupt, disable, harm, erase memory, or otherwise impede the operation, features, or functionality of any software, firmware, hardware, wireless device, computer system or network, (b) traps, time bombs, or other code that would disable any software based on the elapsing of a period of time, advancement to a particular date or other numeral, (c) code that would permit any third party to interfere with or surreptitiously access any End-user personal information.
- The parties shall comply with all relevant Data Protection Law in connection with any activities carried out under this Contract.
- Dialogue may take steps to investigate and if appropriate to pass on details of any suspected fraudulent use of “the service” to any relevant authorities, as part of its legal, commercial, and regulatory commitment.
- Upon request by Dialogue, the Client (at its cost) must assist to comply within a reasonable period, with all requirements and conditions at any time imposed by Legislation or Networks or by Dialogue’s legal and compliance team. Notwithstanding Dialogue’s other rights, failure of the Client to assist will entitle Dialogue to suspend immediately all Dialogue Services under this Contract where it is reasonable and appropriate to do so. The client accepts that reasonable administration costs may apply where suspected non compliance is subjected to investigation by Dialogue as part of its regulatory requirements.
- Dialogue reserves the right at its reasonable discretion and following the provision of written notice, to immediately terminate your account where your use of “the service” is deemed inappropriate or results in complaints or regulatory investigations, or where upon investigation it is deemed to be operating fraudulently or in any way breaches the terms of this agreement. If the termination is as a result of a breach of this agreement, then Dialogue is not obliged to refund the cost of any unused services that have been prepaid. 9.1. If you terminate your account you will not be entitled to any refund. If you believe that there was a failure on Dialogue's behalf then Dialogue may use its discretion to refund some or all of the balance. 9.2.Either party may terminate the agreement immediately on the provision of written notice in the event the other Party becomes insolvent, files a petition in bankruptcy or makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors
- “the service” contains copyrighted material which you may not copy, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the application in whole or in part. Also, you may not pass on any information to others, including login credentials that enable them to breach this copyright.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of “the service” is at your sole risk. The application and related documentation are provided 'AS IS' and without warranty of any kind.
- Dialogue reserves the right to upgrade “the service” with new features at its sole discretion. Any scheduled or emergency maintenance of the platform may result in downtime which Dialogue will endeavour to keep to a minimum.
- You expressly and by implication agree to indemnify Dialogue against any and all claims and costs, including legal fees, arising out of your use or the use by your client of “the service”.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Dialogue or any of its employees be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use or inability to use “the service”.
- Dialogue excludes all liability for any loss of data resulting from delays, non deliveries, missed deliveries, or Service Interruptions caused by events beyond the control of Dialogue or outside the Dialogue Network, or to the extent such loss, errors or omissions are caused by the Client
- In no event shall the total liability of Dialogue to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you for the use of “the service”.
- The Client acknowledges that Dialogue is unable to exercise control over the content of Messages passing over the Dialogue Network or via the Dialogue Service, and Dialogue hereby excludes all liability for any loss suffered by the Client as a consequence of loss or damage to such Messages unless directly attributable to any fraud or wilful act or omission of Dialogue.
- Dialogue reserves the right to alter security measures, including passwords, for the Dialogue Services at any time and advise the Client of these changes. The Client shall comply with Dialogue's security guidelines as provided from time to time.
- Dialogue will provide reasonable notice of price changes. Changes may be made for the purposes of commercial advantage as part of Dialogue’s continuous routing reviews. Dialogue shall use reasonable efforts to notify CLIENT of Network Operator Changes as soon as reasonably practicable.
- The Client agrees that Dialogue or its authorised representative may put the Client's name and other information obtained about it from the Contract Form and sales process into a computerised directory for internal use only, provided that such information shall be regarded as being confidential and shall be disclosed only to Dialogue personnel, employees or agents whose duties reasonably require such disclosure. Dialogue may also transfer such information to any Regulatory Body or MNO to comply with any Legislation.
- Not applicable.
- The parties will each keep confidential any proprietary information and/or any information obtained from the other in connection with the Contract (including for the avoidance of doubt details of the Client’s employees) which is identified by either party as commercially confidential or which is obviously confidential in nature and neither will divulge the same to any third party except such of its employees, contractors and agents as may need to know the same for the purposes of the implementation of the Contract. 22.1. The obligations aforesaid shall not apply to any material or information which is in the public domain (other than as a result of a breach of this Contract); or, already known to the receiving party; or, lawfully received from a third party and/or ordered to be disclosed by any court or other tribunal or regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction.
- The obligations of confidentiality imposed by this agreement upon the parties shall not preclude: a) either party disclosing any information to its professional advisers from time to time provided that prior to such disclosure such professional advisers shall be subject to obligations of confidentiality that are no less stringent that those contained herein; or b) either party from disclosing any information to its Affiliates to the extent that such affiliate needs to know provided that such party shall remain primarily liable for any effective breach of this Contract by its Affiliates.
- Neither party shall use Proprietary Information, the other parties services or location data to endeavour to entice away any clients of either party or any MNO to become clients of any other aggregator mobile phone network, or virtual mobile network, and shall procure that no other person shall use the other parties services or location data for any such purpose
- This Licence shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. If for any reason a court or competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Licence, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the Licence shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Licence shall continue in full force and effect.
- Marketing Decisions will provide initial support to clients via email@example.com to diagnose any issues with the service.