Eloqua SMS Connector
SMS is a key tool for your business to adopt in a messaging strategy, whether it be for marketing or transactional purposes. Open rates as high as 97%? What’s not to love.
The Marketing Decisions SMS Connector is much more than a typical outbound only, batch and blast tool. Once in Oracle Eloqua, it’s a powerful, automated and highly effective channel that you can use to engage with your customers.
- Personalise your messages with any contact or custom object field
- Two-way conversations
- Mobile-originated messages for top of funnel lead capture and nurturing
- Auto-generated help and unsubscribe messages based on keywords
- Send from a mobile number or an alias
- Flexible user security settings
- The ability to send from various mobile numbers
- Send short and sweet links using our shortening tool instead of long URLs which can be difficult to fit in an SMS
- Bring your own short domain and track user activity end-to-end on a contact level inside Oracle Eloqua
Using text messaging within automated canvasses really can be powerful for marketers. Configure your flow to prompt a reply, then have pre-configured responses ready to go to simulate a two-way conversation.
In Action: Gold Coast Titans
The Gold Coast Titans is a professional team in the Australian National Rugby League (NRL) competition. They use the Marketing Decisions SMS Connector as a tool for top of funnel lead-generation as well as a communication channel to engage with their members and fans.
They have a stadium full of footy fans at their home games throughout the season. This is a perfect opportunity to ask them to have their say and leverage a tool in the SMS Connector called Mobile Originated. During the season the Titans ask their fans a different question at each game for their chance to win a prize. Typically, footy fans have strong opinions, so this is a great opportunity to let their voice be heard!
All they ask is to submit their answer by texting a mobile number provided, simple right.
Who is going to be tonight’s first try scorer? Text your pick to 0412 345 678 and go in the draw to win a signed jersey.
Behind the scenes, the SMS Connector is searching to see if this mobile number is already in the system linked to a contact. If It is, then a personalised acknowledgement is sent to the originator. If it’s not, to complete the entry the footy fan just needs to enter their name and email address. From here, the Titans can use automated SMS messages to reply and acknowledge the entry, as well as contacting the prize winner.